Attached you’ll find a Scrap Metal Shield Insurance Program brochure, as well as a copy of the brokerage agreement that will need to be completed once business is written with our agency. You will also find attached a copy of our supplemental application, which is to be completed and returned with all submissions to the program.
See here some commonly asked questions regarding our program:
What lines of business do you write?
- Property (including equipment breakdown)
- Inland Marine
- General Liability
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Commercial Auto
- Pollution Liability
- Workers Compensation
What types of risks fit your program?
- Ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal dealers and processors, auto dismantlers, U-Pull-it Operations, and E-waste recyclers.
- We can entertain scrap metal dealers that operate with an incidental amount of plastics, paper, & cardboard recycling; less than 15% of total revenue
How are accounts submitted to the program?
- Completed Supplemental Application
- Completed Acord Applications (full VIN #s on all equipment/autos)
- 4 Yrs of currently valued loss runs
- Please note: a 30 day lead time is preferred and quotes will be provided subject to favorable loss control
If an account is written, what are the payment plan options available?
- Direct Bill
- Annual – 100% payment (All Payment Methods)
- Quarterly – 25% down, 3 equal installments at 90-day intervals (Non-automatic Withdrawals)
- Monthly – 25% down, 9 equal installments billed at 1-month intervals (Non-automatic Withdrawals)
- Ten Equal- 10% down, 9 equal installments billed at 1 month intervals(>$20K)( Non-automatic Withdrawals)
- 12 Equal Installments (EFT Automatic Withdrawals)
Can my agency do certificates?
- You’re agency will have full rights to produce certificates
How are endorsements & change requests handled?
- Endorsement requests will be made through our agency. You will be assigned an account executive that will be your single point of contact for all requests.
Thank you again for your interest in the Scrap Metal Shield Insurance Program